Tuesday, June 15, 2010

The "holidays"

Some updates are in order.

This semester break, like the past three semester breaks, I've been working. In other words, I haven't had a proper holiday in two years. Yes, yes, say it isn't so, but I guess John is as workaholic as they come.

Anyway, I'm currently an intern in the Marketing Communications department at Sony Malaysia. That means I get to work in a nice office, not in a store! I'm not an IT salesman ok?!

But yeah, this was honestly not a job I was expecting to get. I just saw the ad for it on Jobstreet one day and decided, "Hey, I've got some spare time, why don't I try my luck?" And here I am.

Its a pretty interesting job though. I'm getting along with the people, plus its nice to work in a mall and be constantly surrounded by sales... HAHAH! Eat your heart out shopaholics!

And guess who I met on the first day - Teh Kai Jun! Yup, the one in Tequivicar's final drama. That's how I recognised him actually, from the video. He sits behind me, and he's the graphic design intern for Vaio laptops. If anyone ever needs info on Vaio you can ask him - I guess he'll be an expert after designing all the ads and promo material for Vaio! =p

Don't ask me for any staff discounts though, I'm not a permanent employee and am not entitled to any. I guess I'm done crapping for now. Oh good luck to everyone for their results. We have one semester to go before graduation. After that we can conquer the world and visit the Maldives.

Come visit me in Midvalley if you're dropping by within these two months. Another perk for working at Sony? Free movie tickets! 3D somemore!

XOXO,
Johnny.

1 comments:

tequilla said...

O my god.. you met my friend ~ ~ that is FATE!