Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Dedication to a friend

Dear friend
The relationship has gone sour
I don't know when it happened
Don't know why or how
And now we're apart

We used to finish sentences
Used to predict the other's actions
I thought I knew what I was to you
But I can't read you anymore
And you don't know me as well as you did

Talking to you is no longer fun
Our laughs so put on
You seem annoyed with me all the time
Is that my fault or yours?

Are you bored of me?
Or the friendship? 

I feel used
Taken for granted
But
You probably don't know this
Probably don't care

Should I tell you how
It hurts
The answer is - "nah"

I'm not in the business of changing people
I'm not your mom, your handler
I'm not responsible for your actions, and neither you me
So I keep quiet, seethe
It'll be over soon anyway

Why spoil something that's already broken?
We are at a crossroads
We'll part soon
And never meet, or maybe once
Best thing is

You won't really miss me
So
I'll just keep this to myself, terpendam
As I always do
And you'll go on to live your life, as you always have

I admire how you're like a butterfly
So many friends, everyone loves you

Just so sad to think
All we had
Was really nothing at all
The good times
No more than a useless memory

So goodbye dear
Let's meet once more on that fateful day
And say our goodbyes
Maybe take a few pictures, I'll put them on FB
You'll look lovely, don't worry
And I'll pretend to smile

4 comments:

geraldine said...

wow...^^

John Loh said...

So bitchy right? Lol!

Unknown said...

Perhaps your friend feels the same way...in a helpless kinda way. Brindging a gap like that is not easy...:)

dolphin_dancing said...

wow nice!..the way u write, not the story itself=) We all have friends like that don't we!